MS App-V 4.6 All Languages Hotfix Package 2 released
Microsoft released Hotfix Package 2 for Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6 All Languages. This hotfix is for the All Languages version: build 18.104.22.16800. Yes, there are two App-V 4.6 client versions; the “English Only” and the “All Languages”. Both with a separate hotfix path. Where the English Only version is already at hotfix package 5, the All Languages version is now at hotfix package 2. But the issues addressed in both versions should now be the same, so hotfix package 5 Englisch Only = hotfix package 2 All Languages.
This version puzzle is going to end (it has to be ;-)) with App-V 4.6 SP1, it is not released yet but let’s assume this ‘feature’ is in it.
Back to hotfix package 2, which issues should be solved with this release:
- The Application Virtualization Client may cause your computer to stop responding when you shut down a virtual package under certain circumstances.
- The Application Virtualization Client does not stop an application when the ABORTRESULTattribute matches the exit code of the script.
- You have a computer that is running Windows Vista or a newer version of Windows. When you run the vssadmin list shadowstorage command on the Q drive of Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Error: The shadow copy provider had an unexpected error while trying to process the specified command.
- The Application Virtualization Client may encounter a “0x00000001” Stop error.
- When you try to start an application that contains more than 32 image section headers on a client computer, you receive a “0C-00000042” error.
- When you receive the “Starting launch” message for an application on a terminal server, the application may stop responding, and you must restart the terminal server to resolve this issue.
- Certain virtualized applications that call the GetCurrentProcess method do not operate correctly, and they return the following error message:
ERROR Invalid handle.
This hotfix is available on request.